SAO PAULO — Fujio Cho, president of Toyota Motor Corp., is expected to visit the Japanese automaker's Brazilian factories sometime this month. Although the visit is cloaked in secrecy, Cho is expected to announce that the Yaris, Toyota's most successful product in Europe, will be built in Brazil. The automaker has plenty of capacity at its factory in Indaiatuba, and the compact model will have significant potential in the country. The plant has set up a second shift and currently ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota may build Yaris in Brazil" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642