Toyota Motor Corp. reportedly will shut down a line producing its Prius hybrid model and shift output to another facility to improve efficiency. It would mark the first time in 10 years Toyota has closed a domestic assembly line. The line at its Motomachi plant in Aichi prefecture, Japan, will close by the middle of next year, says the Nihon Keizai Shimbun. The model is being refreshed and will be built at Toyota’s Tsutsumi plant in Aichi Prefecture. Toyota did not confirm the report but ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota May Close Domestic Line" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642