Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc. miscalculated the demographics for its newest models, the Yaris subcompact and FJ Cruiser SUV, Jim Farley, vice president-marketing, says. While the auto maker was correct in assuming the ’07 Yaris sedan would be the volume leader, the 3-door hatchback variant to date accounts for more than 30% of sales in the U.S. market. The hatchback’s popularity is causing Toyota to study whether it also should bring the 5-door model, already sold in Canada, here. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Misjudges Demand for Yaris Hatchback, Age of FJ Buyers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642