MELBOURNE – Toyota Motor Corp. is close to confirming it will build a A$500 million ($277 million) Asia/Pacific research and development center here. Toyota Camry It would be built on vacant land alongside the auto maker’s Altona assembly plant and include a proving ground located in Outback Australia to allow year-round hot-weather tests on prototypes. Australian media reports say an announcement on the center will be made within weeks and only a late bid from Thailand could ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Mulls Australia R&D Center" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642