BANGKOK – A decision on whether to move Toyota Motor Corp.'s worldwide 1-ton pickup truck production base to Thailand could be made within the next one to two months, Toyota Motor Thailand President Ryoichi Sasaki says. Sasaki tells local media that a final decision is contingent upon tax structure reform currently under consideration by the Thai government. "The tax reform should not end up with tax increases, otherwise it would affect the (automotive) industry's development," Sasaki ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Mulls Production Move to Thailand" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642