Toyota Motor Corp. Australia Ltd. says without the Australian government’s recent financial aid to the auto industry, it would have been forced to import hybrid-electric vehicles from Thailand or Japan, rather than building them domestically beginning in 2010. Toyota Australia President and CEO Max Yasuda tells the Committee for Economic Development of Australia the aid will allow for Australia to be the fourth country to build the Camry Hybrid. “It now places Toyota Australia – and the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Oz Says Aid Essential for Domestic Camry Hybrid Production" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642