TIANJIN — Toyota Motor Corp. confirms plans to expand its joint venture with Tianjin Automotive Industry Co. Ltd. by manufacturing 1.3L Corolla compact sedans (see FOCUS ON CHINA — June '99, p.4). The automaker estimates it will build 30,000 of these cars in the first year of production, slated for 2001. The JV, a partnership between Tianjin Auto and Toyota subsidiary Daihatsu Motor Co. Ltd., already builds the Daihatsu-based Xiali subcompact car and Hijet microvan. The partners plan to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota plans to build Corolla with Tianjin Auto" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642