TOKYO – When Toyota Motor Corp. launched the Prius hybrid-electric vehicle a little over 10 years ago on Dec. 10, 1997, a good helping of skepticism was dished out along with all the accolades the car received. “No one thought the Prius would succeed in the marketplace so soon,” says Tokyo analyst Koji Endo, director-equity research at Credit Suisse First Boston Securities (Japan) Ltd. “ We had a rough timeframe in mind of 20 years, not 10,” he says. “It’s not that the technology wasn’t ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Prius Marks 10th Anniversary, Eyes Growth" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642