SAN ANTONIO – Toyota Motor Corp. takes the wraps off its new $1.28 billion Toyota Motor Mfg. Texas Inc. plant here, in advance of the facility’s official opening on Friday. Located on 2,000 acres (809 ha) of a former ranch nine miles (14 km) south of downtown San Antonio, TMMTX has been building salable units of Toyota’s all-new ’07 Tundra fullsize pickup truck since Nov. 1. In keeping with Toyota’s drive for continuous improvement, or kaizen, TMMTX sets a new benchmark. “We know ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Provides Sneak Peek of San Antonio Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642