Toyota Motor Corp. has introduced a homegrown version of a 2L diesel engine with common-rail injection in high-end models of the Toyota Avensis sedan built in Burnaston, UK. Toyota's new diesel develops 110 hp at 4,000 rpm and 184 lb.-ft (250 Nm) of torque at 2,000 rpm. With a 5-speed manual transmission, the car is rated at about 40 mpg (5.9L/100 km). Toyota calls its 2L engine D4-D, for direct-injection 4-stroke diesel. The company has given no volume projection for the Avensis SR ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota readies new diesel engine line" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642