Toyota Motor Corp. is recalling 421,542 vehicles in Japan for various problems and may recall another 360,000 vehicles outside Japan. Some 397,263 of Toyota’s Vitz model, known as the Yaris in Europe and Echo in the U.S., are being called back because extreme cold and repeated stopping or starting on snow-covered roads could lead to brake line damage and cause the driver to lose control of the vehicle. Models built between October 2000 and April 2002 are affected. Additionally, 24,279 of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Recalling 421,542 Vehicles in Japan" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642