As economic turmoil continues to engulf the country, Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc. reports September sales plunged 29.5% on a daily-rate basis, making the decline the auto maker’s largest since July 1987’s 32.5%, Ward’s data shows. Toyota hasn’t seen a drop close to this size since January 1998’s 27.6%. “I think we’d all agree the industry closed the quarter on a cheerless note…the best thing to say about September is it’s over,” Don Esmond, senior vice president-automotive operations, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Sales Decline Worst in More Than Two Decades" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642