YOUNTVILLE, CA – When it debuted in the U.S. nearly nine years ago, the first-generation Toyota Prius immediately gained a following among a small, devoted group of environmentalists and technophiles. But with the launch of the second-generation model in 2003, Toyota Motor Corp. enjoyed unanticipated success as the car went mainstream. “We knew the importance of Prius and what it represented, but I don’t think any of us could have predicted how quickly consumers would come to embrace ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Sees New Prius as First-Choice Vehicle" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642