NEW YORK – Toyota Motor Corp.’s Kyushu, Japan, plant is scheduled to start production of the ’08 Highlander Hybrid cross/utility vehicle later next month. Brian Smith, corporate manager of Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A, Inc.’s truck operations, says the hybrid-electric vehicle will go on sale in the U.S. in late September. The new HEV model will offer two trim levels and feature an EV mode that enables it to run solely on its electric battery for a limited range of about 5 miles (8 km). The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Sets Highlander Hybrid Production Launch" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642