TOYOTA CITY – China is setting the bar for Toyota Motor Corp.’s next round of cost-cutting and efficiency improvements, says Kosuke Shiramizu, executive vice president-Manufacturing and Quality Management. Interviewed at company headquarters here, the 62-year-old executive – charged with carrying on the legacy of Toyota Production System founder Taiichi Ohno – warns of the impending threat from China. “The question facing us is how to compete with a country whose labor costs are ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Targets Next Step in Efficiency With Eye on China" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642