Toyota Motor Corp. says it plans to build a third factory in Thailand at a cost of $380 million. The plant will employ 2,000 workers to produce 100,000 Hilux Vigo pickups annually, beginning in early 2007, as part of a $456 million expansion plan in Thailand. Toyota also says it will enlarge its Gateway plant outside of Bangkok, which builds the Camry and Corolla. Toyota Hilux Vigo Gateway ouput will increase to 200,000 vehicles by next year, from its current 110,000 units, and add ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Thailand to Add Third Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642