Things may not be going as well for Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc.'s Lexus Div. as the numbers would indicate. Although sales for the division are up 43.3% for the first two months of 1999, all of that increase can be attributed to the RX 300 crossover sport/utility vehicle (SUV). Sales of the division's passenger cars actually are down 20.2%. But executives say they're not worried about the car sales decline. “We have very strong RX sales and we are quite happy,” says Yoshio Ishizaka, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Unfazed by Lexus Car Sales Slump" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642