NEW YORK — Toshiaki Taguchi doesn't mince words about the space North America occupies in the pie chart of Japan's leading vehicle maker: more than one-third and rising. In fact, Taguchi, president of Toyota Motor North America, says, “The U.S. and Canadian markets not only fit into Toyota's past, present and future but are crucially important to our global operations, with total annual sales now almost equal to those in Japan.” The balance has shifted dramatically in the last 10 years. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota U.S. chief sees North America as key" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642