ATLANTA, GA – Production of the Yaris subcompact starts ramping up at Toyota Motor Corp.’s Takaoka plant in Toyoda City, Japan, in March, says James D. Farley, vice president-marketing, for Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc. Farley is targeting sales of 50,000 units in 2006 after the Yaris goes on sale in April, growing to 70,000 in 2007. The 40-mpg (5.9-L/100 km) cars will be available in two versions: a 3-door hatchback from the European design center and a 4-door sedan designed in Japan ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Yaris Production for U.S. Starts in February" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642