ARVIDSJAUR, Sweden - In less than a decade, pyrotechnic pretensioners that work in tandem with a seatbelt retractor to pull the webbing taut during a collision have gone from a nifty device on high-end luxury cars to a standard feature on a number of high-volume vehicles. (See related story: Snug As a Hug) A quick survey finds front-seat pretensioners standard on the Chrysler 300, Jeep Liberty, the new Ford Mustang, Ford Freestyle, Pontiac Vibe, G6 and Montana SV6 minivan and Chevy Cobalt. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"TRW's Active Retractor Arrives in 2007" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642