Audi of America Inc. isn’t budging when it comes to penciling the upcoming Q3 small cross/utility vehicle into its lineup in the U.S. It won’t. The Q3, Audi’s smallest CUV yet, will be sold in Europe, with production launching at a plant in Martorell, Spain, in 2011. The Q3 was shown in concept form as the Cross Coupe at the 2007 Shanghai auto show with a 2L diesel engine under the hood. But an unfavorable exchange rate and a logjam in Audi’s vehicle lineup, given its still-modest U.S. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Two Qs Better Than Three for Audi in U.S." is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642