The United Auto Workers union will represent 3,000 hourly workers at two DaimlerChrysler AG Freightliner LLC plants in North Carolina. The UAW won the right through card-check votes at the Cleveland and Gastonia plants. A majority of workers signed cards in favor of joining the union in January, reports Reuters. The UAW has had a contentious relationship with Freightliner, as it has seven major manufacturing plants in the U.S. employing 13,000 workers. Only its plant in Mt. Holly, NC, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UAW to Represent Freightliner Workers in South" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642