Toyota Motor Corp. begins selling its new U.K.-built Avensis model in Japan, marking the first time a European-built Toyota has been sold there. The Avensis, already on the road in Europe, comes in two body types in Japan: a sedan and wagon. Toyota is aiming for sales of 2,000 units per month. Avensis production began in January at Toyota’s Burnaston, U.K., plant, which also produces the Corolla. Output at the plant is slated to rise 50,000 units annually to 270,000.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.K.-Built Avensis Goes on Sale in Japan" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642