The 2 millionth Mini is driven off the line in Oxford, U.K., 10 years after the start of production and with more than 1.5 million units exported to more than 90 countries. Frank-Peter Arndt, BMW board member in charge of production, says the recent announcement of a £500 million ($814 million) investment in the Oxford complex affirms its key role in BMW’s global production network. Arndt updated Prime Minister David Cameron on preparations to produce the next-generation Mini, including ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.K. Celebrates 2 Millionth Mini, BMW Investment" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642