A number of auto makers in the U.K. are critical of the European Union’s decision to make tire-pressure-monitoring systems mandatory by 2014. But Schrader Electronics Ltd., a subsidiary of Tomkins plc that manufactures the device, supports the measure. Schrader says criticism is focused on the idea TPMS is an unnecessary piece of technology and one for which some motorists have suggested they would rather not pay. “The rationale advanced from some quarters is that a driver should take ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.K. Manufacturer Voices Support of Mandatory Tire-Monitoring Systems in Europe" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642