NEW YORK – Conspicuous consumption took a shellacking during the global recession even in the ultra-luxury segment that saw sales of new vehicles dive in tandem with plummeting stock markets. “Our sales follow the stock market,” Alasdair Stewart, board member in charge of sales and marketing for Bentley, tells Ward’s in an interview at the New York International Auto Show. Along with a resurgent stock market, Bentley sales leaped 11% last year and Stewart forecasts double-digit growth ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ultra-Luxury Brands See New Models Spurring Growth in 2011" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642