CANBERRA – The Australian Mfg. Workers Union says the country's proposed free-trade agreement (FTA) with China could cripple the automotive components industry and result in thousands of lost jobs. (See related story: Australia Enters Free-Trade Talks With China) Paul Bastian, union state secretary, says the federal government is not considering the effect an FTA would have on the country's workers. "What employers are demanding is that workers adopt and compete on Chinese wage ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Union Says China FTA Bad News for Oz Suppliers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642