A once-hesitant Volkswagen Group, more diesel-engine than electric-vehicle advocate, is beginning to embrace hybrids and pure EVs in a big way. Although it will continue to push for broader acceptance of diesel and explore other alternative powertrains as a solution to higher mileage and lower carbon-dioxide emissions, its strategy for vehicle electrification is on the verge of fruition. A handful of full hybrids â€“ initially utilizing two generations of technology â€“ are set to debut over ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Upcoming Hybrids First Play in VWâ€™s Electrification Strategy" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642