U.S. light-vehicle sales broke the 1 million-unit mark in August for the first time in 12 months, with deliveries totaling nearly 1.26 million cars and light trucks. The daily sales rate over 26 selling days climbed 4.9%, compared with year-ago’s 27 days, registering the first positive year-over-year DSR since May 2007 and the first same-month uptick of more than 1% since November 2006. Daily sales also saw a 26.4% gain on July (26 days), the largest month-to-month increase since October ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.S. August Sales Trigger Largest SAAR Since May 2008" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642