Sales of medium- and heavy-duty trucks increased 12.4% (40,974 vs. 36,463) in the U.S. in September. Heavy-duty (Class 8) deliveries were up 16.3% to 21,677 units from year-ago's 18,642. Volvo Trucks Inc. and Freightliner Corp. led the segment with increases of 43.4% and 26.0%, respectively. Ford Class-6 takes segment lead. Medium-duty deliveries climbed 8.3% to 19,297. Class 7 sales rose 8.9%, largely due to a 57.3% jump posted by Freightliner. Deliveries of Class 6 trucks ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.S. Big-Truck Sales Up 12.4% in September" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642