May sales of medium- and heavy-duty trucks continue their hot streak, jumping 34%, to 35,161 units from 27,594 deliveries year-ago. Class 8 sales in May rose 33.7% over year-prior to 16,161 units. All big-truck makers posted double-digit sales gains, with International Truck and Engine Corp. posting the strongest increase, at 83.1%. Other notable showings included PACCAR Inc., up 40.0% to 3,786 units, and AB Volvo, which posted a 28.7% sales increase. (See related data: Ward’s U.S. New ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.S. Big-Truck Sales Up 34% in May" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642