Medium- and heavy-duty truck sales grew 35.2% on a daily-rate basis in February to 29,207 vehicles, vs. like-2003 volumes of 21,601. This is the largest year-on-year percentage increase yet in the recent big-truck growth spurt. The previous record was set in December 2003, with a 33.7% year-over-year sales increase. (See related data: February 2004 U.S. GVW Sales) Big truck sales in the U.S. were up 35% in February. Class 8 deliveries led the surge, up 48.4% to 12,035 units, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.S. Big Truck Sales Up 35% in February" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642