Sales of medium- and heavy-duty trucks in the U.S. increased 47.5% in August to 37,218 units from the 27,256 big rigs delivered during like-2003. The heavy-duty (Class 8) sector led the surge with deliveries totaling 18,233 units, up 72.5% vs. year-ago. (See related data: Ward's U.S. New Truck Sales by Weight Class) Class 8 sales were up 72.5% in August. Every manufacturer in the Class 8 segment recorded an increase. While Freightliner Corp. deliveries were up 41.9%, its market ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.S. Big-Truck Sales Up 47.5% in August" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642