Deliveries of medium- and heavy-duty trucks in the U.S. increased 26.4% in December to 45,517 from like-2003’s 34,613. The month brought big-rig sales for the entire calendar year to 431,653 units, up 31.4% vs. 2003’s 328,389. (See related data: Ward’s U.S. New Truck Sales by Weight Class) In December, heavy-duty (Class 8) sales hit 21,822 units, an increase of 39.1% compared with the 15,106 trucks delivered year-ago. Freightliner Corp.’s 7,922 deliveries claimed segment leadership. AB ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.S. Big Truck Sales Up in December" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642