Expect all-time U.S.-market hybrid-electric vehicle sales to reach 2 million as early as next month, according to Ward’s data. Through March, HEV sales totaled 1.95 million. They have accounted for 78,513 deliveries this year, a 35.3% hike from like-2010. If this pattern holds, the U.S. industry should clear 2 million hybrids sometime before the end of May. Not surprisingly, Toyota’s Prius accounts for the bulk of all U.S. hybrid deliveries, with 998,217 units sold from 2000, when the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.S. Hybrid Sales Poised to Hit 2 Million" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642