SCOTTSDALE, AZ – There’s no denying the strong euro is putting pressure on profit margins, but that’s no reason to shun growth in the U.S., says Ernst Lieb, president and CEO of Mercedes-Benz USA. “That doesn’t mean we shouldn’t support our dealer network,” he says. “We have 345 dealers who want to sell our products, and we need to support them.” Lieb says he has no intention of reacting to short-term trends and that Mercedes has several ways to counter the strong euro. “We’re in a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.S. Mercedes Chief Takes Long View on Strong Euro, Sales Growth" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642