U.S. light-vehicle sales are poised for another strong month in spite of recent signs that the economy will begin to slow in the second half of this year, a Ward's forecast shows. Ward's is forecasting August light vehicle sales to total 1.458 million units for a daily selling rate (DSR) of 56,077, 18.6% above same-month 1998's DSR of 47,275 — 26 selling days both periods. It will be the 12th consecutive month that the DSR has increased over the same year-ago month and the longest such ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.S. Sales to Continue Cruising in August; Set for 12th Straight Increase" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642