The auto industry ended 2002 with a bang, as increased consumer and dealer incentives and higher fleet demand pushed December sales in the U.S. to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 18.3 million. (see related data: Ward's Dec. 2002 US Sales) But given the volatility of the whole year – with SAARs ranging from well below 16 million in May and October to 18 million-plus in three other months, December’s results, though unexpected, were not all that surprising. Calendar year ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.S. Sales Soar to 18 Million SAAR in December" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642