U.S. light vehicle sales are set to skyrocket again in September because of better affordability, an improvement in truck inventories and early availability of '00 models. The month also will cap off the best model-year on record. Ward's forecasts U.S. light vehicles sales to total 1.432 million units in September, for a daily selling rate of 57,272 — 12.1% above same-month 1998's 51,115. Sales of domestically made vehicles, alone, are forecasted to increase 9.4%, while imports are pegged ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.S. Sales Surge to Continue as September Caps Best Model Year Ever" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642