In today’s cars and trucks, “storage space” usually is real estate in the glove box, a center console or the trunk. With the introduction of Chrysler Group’s MyGIG infotainment system and its integrated hard disk drive (HDD), storage has taken on a whole new meaning, cited in gigabytes (GB) rather than cubic feet. While the growth in media storage segment is moving at an unprecedented rate, automakers and electronics suppliers are grappling with the myriad technologies, standards and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Use of Computer Hard Drives Growing in Vehicles" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642