Officials from the U.S. Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement are in the preliminary stages of an investigation regarding the status of dozens of Eastern European workers helping to expand DaimlerChrysler AG’s Vance, AL, assembly plant. Union leaders there allege the immigrant workers obtained visas under false pretenses, stealing skilled trades jobs from Americans, while accepting lower wages and longer workweeks. DC says the workers legally obtained B-1 visas, which allow ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Vance Workers Under Investigation" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642