VALENCIA, Venezuela — Sales in Venezuela will continue to fall this year, after a disappointing 1998. Industry insiders say they expect car sales to drop 40% to 60% from last year's 176,000 sales. For the first two months of the year, sales averaged 8,000 units a month, down 60% from last year. The market dropped when interest rates skyrocketed to more than 100%, falling 1.5% during 1998 after a record first half. Automaker's are predicting decreases in line with the industry average. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Venezuela car sales continue to fall" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642