PARIS – It will take five or six years for Visteon Corp. to reduce the number of its major suppliers from 2,500 to 500, but the resulting supply chain will be stronger and more efficient, says Heinz Pfannschmidt, president-Visteon Europe and South America. Pfannschmidt also predicts Visteon's non-Ford Motor Co. global business, now at 20%, will grow to 30% by 2005. Visteon is winning more non-Ford HVAC business in Europe with the help of its Dunton, U.K., testing facility. He ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Visteon Cuts Suppliers for Efficiency; Sees Non-Ford Business Grow" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642