Visteon Corp. says it will produce its innovative new lightweight “Slip-in-Tube” (SIT) driveshaft for an '03 fullsize van for global markets. Company officials will not identify the vehicle, except to say it is used for cargo and passenger applications. The Ford Econoline van, incidentally, is being redesigned, likely for '03, sources say. One plant is being prepared to produce the SIT driveshaft, which Visteon engineers consider a quantum leap in technology. It consists of two pieces, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Visteon SIT Shaft Launches on '03 Van" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642