SAO PAULO — Volkswagen AG is transferring its Gol assembly line from Sao Paulo to its unit in Taubate, 160.9 km (100 miles) away. The Sao Bernardo factory here will be used only for the production of two models of the new platform PQ-24, which is expected to reach the market in 2001. VW has set up a two-year schedule to restructure and redistribute its production in Sao Paulo State. Herbert Demel, president of VW do Brasil, says the Taubate factory has a production capacity of 1,200 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volkswagen concentrates Gol production in Taubate" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642