TOKYO – Volkswagen AG may be struggling in Europe and counting on China for much of its sales growth, but it is doing well in Japan’s depressed market and determined to do better. Golf models account for 40% of VW's annual sales in Japan. For the third year in a row, VW expects to hold a solid first place in imported car sales here, well ahead of Mercedes-Benz and BMW AG. But the auto maker’s ambitions stretch far beyond the niche import market to head-to-head competition with ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volkswagen Japan Drives Beyond Import Sales Title" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642