VIENNA – Volkswagen AG will move its Arctic testing operations from Rovaniemi in northern Finland to Sorsele, in Swedish Lapland, says the Invest in Sweden Agency (ISA). Sorsele is close to Arjeplog, the “capital” of Sweden’s winter auto testing industry. Construction work is expected to be completed by fall 2004 and testing activities are to start in October or November. Volkswagen will employ 40 people at its new test facility. The Sorsele municipality purchased the land to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volkswagen to Move Winter Testing to Sweden" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642