Volkswagen of America Inc. will offer telematics service by General Motors Corp.’s OnStar Corp. in its vehicles next year, beginning with the new Passat W-8 8-cyl. luxury sedan. Volkswagen will call the service “Volkswagen Telematics by OnStar,” and it will include safety, security and convenience features. OnStar Personal Calling, which allows drivers to make hands-free cell phone calls, and OnStar Virtual Advisor, which provides e-mail, news and traffic reports, also will be available.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volkswagen to Offer OnStar in Coming Years" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642