DRESDEN — Volkswagen AG's Glass Factory is set to produce the first prototype of the luxury car known as “D” in less than five months. But the site in downtown Dresden right now is a madhouse of trucks, cranes, steel and mud. “It's one of the most interesting, difficult assignments of my career,” says Eberhard Herbst, the project manager for the plant. “It's the smallest plant I've built for Volkswagen, but has many unique features.” Construction is running behind schedule, but Herbst ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volkswagen readies Glass Factory for new luxury car" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642