SAO PAULO -- Volkswagen AG’s plant in Taubate, Sao Paulo state, is the first within the German group here to earn an ISAO-14001 environmental ating. The Taubate facility employs 6,500 workers and produces 970 vehicles per day. The certification process began last year after implementation of the environmental management system, which cost $4.5 million. Included in that is a gas incineration system, that transforms solvents and paints into odorless gas and steam. Fuel oil has been ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Volkswagen Taubate Plant Wins Environmental Rating" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642